Eco-Experience participants join our staff in our daily hands-on work, which can include organic gardening, building with mud or maintaining our Nature Reserve, and receive introductory lessons in Permaculture practices and technologies.
Want to experience our unique ecological education programs but don’t have the time available for the Green Apprenticeship?
Eco-Experience offers a you a hands-on opportunity to discover the process involved with the design, building and management of sustainable communities. Come for just one week, or stay as long as you choose.
Practical skills are developed through working with the CfCE in our tasks and projects which can include organic gardening, natural building projects, landscaping and maintaining the Lotan Nature and Migratory Bird Reserve. Work experience is complemented by theoretical lessons including introductions to ecological design, renewable energy, organic gardening, permaculture and sustainability.
NOT JUST WORK...
Throughout the week, Eco Experience participants are encouraged to take part in cultural events on the Kibbutz and in the region. Occasionally there are opportunities to join tours to local attractions, neighboring Kibbutzim, other ecological projects in the area and hikes in the region.
The Kibbutz has a pub on Friday nights, a pool and football pitch. Buses run throughout the day from Kibbutz Lotan to the city of Eilat and its coral reef filled with tropical marine life.
- Live in our EcoCampus and experience ecological living
- Room and board (3 meals a day) for the duration of the program.
- Rooms are equipped with mattresses, pillows, linens, and towels.
- Accommodation may be shared (maximum 3 to dome).
- Wifi and Air Conditioning
65$ USD a day 455$ per week
Minimum stay of one week, starting on a Sunday
Practical hours from 6:00 – 12:00, Sunday – Thursday.
2 Introductory lessons in sustainable development per week (organic gardening, natural building, renewable energy, etc...)
Ecological Movie Night
Practical Work Experience may include:
- Organic Gardening
- Natural and Green Building
- Expansion, maintenance and management of theEcoCampus and EcoKef.
- Development and maintenance of the nature reserve and nature trails
- Setting up workshops for educational tour groups.
- Age 18+
- Basic English or Hebrew
- Good Physical Fitness
- Motivation to Work and Learn
- Full Travel & Medical Insurance